Skip to main content

A Big Thank You to Frugi & My Clients

For those of you who don't know I am an accountant and I work 50% of my time on a self employed basis and the other 50% of my time I am employed by the wonderful organic children's wear company "Frugi".

I just thought I would write a very quick blog to say thank you.  All of my clients and Frugi have been so understanding and flexible with me since I have been ill, I know that my absences causes stress and problems to those left holding the reins, but no-one has complained.

Frugi in particular have been great, with visits in hospital, organic chocolates, caring colleagues and as much time off as is required!  Who could ask for any more? 

So that's all I wanted to say, thank you to my Fab employer Frugi and all of my clients who are tolerating my reduced reliability!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Flys When You're Having Fun!!

Well here I am again letting you know that another year has passed since I had my transplant FOUR years ago! The difference this transplant has made to my life is enormous. Whilst on dialysis, although I carried on with my life, the fatigue meant I spent the majority of my free time in bed or with my feet up wrapped in loads of blankets with the heating on full as I could never warm up. Now life is unbelievable! In my last blog in August I was telling you the story about my success at the British Transplant Games.  Since then I have had the honor of being asked to represent Team GB in the World Transplant Games in Argentina which will take place in August this year!! I entered the British Transplant Games initially for two reasons, firstly to raise awareness of organ donation and that is still extremely important to me, so if you haven't done so already please sign up here  but don't forget to discuss your wishes with your loved ones. Secondly to get fit and heal...

Goodbye Dad

It  is with great sadness that I am writing this blog. My Dad, Terry Carroll, passed away on the 31st August following a cardiac arrest on Helston Bowling Green on the 24th August. We take great comfort in the fact that he was doing what he loved. Dad was taken to hospital by air ambulance and had his heart restarted, however, his brain was without oxygen for too long and we were told by the doctors that he was very unlikely to survive.   After three days with no response from dad, the doctor introduced us to the donor nurse. As you know, all of my family are advocates for organ donation, but we never thought for a minute that we would be on the other side of that conversation. Dad had been on the donor register for many years, long before I was unwell, and had made his wishes very clear, therefore we said yes.   The fact that dad wished to donate his organs meant that there was a delay before the doctors took dad off his ventilator, 12 hours or so.  We ...

Pirate FM's Local Heroes Awards 2016: Sports Achievement Award

On the 23rd March I had a surprise call from Pirate FM .  Unknowingly to me, Trevor had nominated me for a Pirate FM Local Hero Award for Sporting Achievement and I had won!!  Trevor and I were filmed on the 6th April by Pirate FM and they created this clip to show at the awards ceremony as to why I had won this award: Trevor and I were given four tickets to the black tie awards ceremony so we took along my mum, without whom I wouldn't have won the award and my brother Jon. We arrived at the Tregenna Castle Hotel at 7pm where I was presented with a sash to show that I was one of the winners for the night and we then went into the lounge where there was champagne and nibbles on tap! Trev, Me, Mum and Jon on arrival at the awards After the drinks reception we proceeded through to dinner.  Each table had one award winner, the sponsor of that award and representatives from Pirate FM. We had a lovely meal and were then entertai...